Saturday 15 September 2007

Galaxy of Emptiness

Last night I go the usual place again

I'm blocked before I get there. I stagger in. I meet my friends. Music blasts. Lights Flash. We dance. I don't think I even talk. The music is too loud. Its all a blur. Dance. Take photos. Go outside for a smoke. I don't think I talk to anyone. If we do talk I can't remember what was said. Nothing important that's for sure. Drunkenly dance. This is what life is about. Go to a club with your friends. Get Blocked. Sniff poppers. And dance. Did I dance on my own? Probably. I can't remember.

Take away the lights, take away the people, take away the music and what do you have left?

The background disappears. I'm at a large blue lake surrounded by music, the music is silence. It's warm, the sun shines down on me from high above. I'm lost in a forest but I'm not afraid, the false faces have gone forever. I walk slowly towards a waterfall I see in the distance. A sound resonates and draws me closer and closer. The person is there, inside. The person I've been waiting for. They are sexless, they are part of the dreamscape. They glow with light. Not the light of religion, but the light of true understanding. They will complete.

A man walks out. He looks more like a boy. He is perfectly formed. His smile bores into my thoughts, becomes my entire being. He is not Jesus. Jesus was a fabrication created by men. He is not God, God is the name we give to what we do not understand. He is something else. He is part of the past, present and future. He lives in fairytales, in places of solitude, in pockets of our mind.

He disappears. The waterfall disappears. The lake disappears. The sun disappears. I am back in the club but my friends have turned into skeletons. They smile back at me through hollow eyes. They continue to dance around me. The DJ is asleep but the dancing continues. I try to run away, to escape, but my feet remain firmly planted to the ground

The wind blows through the building. The light changes colour.

No comments: