Wednesday 11 November 2009

Pilar


The angel flew across the city, looking down on all the people. And somewhere in the process the angel and I became one, and it was me flying across the city looking down at everyone. I was in control. I could make myself fly higher. The cityscape spread out below me, and I woke up with a name on my lips. 'Pilah' or 'Pilar'.

To confuse things even more, I was humming a song in my head, 'Snow (hey oh)' by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Not a band I listen to, and a song I haven't heard for a long time. So why was it there?

I quickly wrote this down before it faded from my memory. And then I turned to good old google to try and investigate the meaning.

Pilah

First result, wikipedia of course.

Kuala Pilah is a town and district in Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia. Commonly called Pilah by the mainly Malay Minangkabau inhabitants, it is also the name of a district. It is an old valley town with many of the pre-war Chinese shophouses still fronting the main streets surrounded by traditional style Malay kampung houses built on stilts nestled amongst extensive rice fields.

When I put Pilah and Angel together, I got the following...

Enochian magic for beginners: the original system of angel magic - Google Books Result by Donald Tyson - 1997 - Body, Mind & Spirit - 384 pages
Moreover, you lifted up your voices and swore obedience Pilah, ...


I then typed in Pilar

First result, wikipedia of course...

Pilar is Portuguese and Spanish for pillar. It has assumed a great religious significance due to

* Nuestra Señora del Pilar (Our Lady of the Pillar), the name given to the Blessed Virgin Mary for her appearance in Spain, where she is commonly depicted as standing on top of a pillar
o María del Pilar (Mary of the Pillar), derived from the above, is a common female name in Latin American countries. In Spain, it is usually abbreviated to Pilar, and as such developed into a name in its own right.


So far, so weird. Am I meant to visit this town, Kuala Pilah?

What is this mysterious 'Enochian magic'?

And what about the name's 'great religious significance' and the female angel in my dream?

And more importantly, what the hell was The Red Hot Chilli Peppers doing in the mix?

Of course, I looked up the lyrics. Because if a song that you don't normally listen to is stuck in your head, in that grey area between sleep and waking there's got to be a reason surely?

So the lyrics came up, quite profound (apart from the inane refrain)

But here's the strange bit. The next plus twenty entries that came up on the search engine linked back to everything that came before: "Angels And Airwaves - True Love lyrics" with these bizarre lyrics that link in completely with my dream...


...
The snow, has come down, on top of everything,
The town, was alive and well without you.
The lights, they peer out, of the leafless trees,
And you won't, be alone, I am beside you.
...

The stars in the sky illuminate below,
The light is the sign that love will guide you home.
The stars in the sky illuminate below,
If the world were to die, the light would guide you.

Tears, spilling out, across a dead end street,
Your house, is a lonely box that holds you.
The star, bright and loud, is in dire need,
Of the fear, that is an empty fear inside you.


And the meaning of it all?

Answers on a postcard please.

No comments: